Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I switch to regular motor oil if I have synthetic in there now?

I had been using regular motor oil in my car, I had my father take it to have the oil changed the other day because it needed it and I have been busy- he had them put synthetic in there.


Can I go back to normal motor oil- I can't afford to spend $60 on oil changes!Can I switch to regular motor oil if I have synthetic in there now?
Yes, sure you can.


These other guys don't know what they are talking about.


It is absolutely fine and safe to switch back to regular oil.Can I switch to regular motor oil if I have synthetic in there now?
Not an issue, but synthetic is far better. You can double and even triple your intervals between oil changes. Generally 5000 kilometres for conventional oil. With a good quality synthetic you can go at lease 10-15k. Synthetic oil doesn't break down. It becomes dirty due to the air filter, but I've gone 20k before a full change. Do the math and ask your self if you really can't afford it?





Good luck.
It is not recommended to switch back. Once you go synthetic you shouldn't go back.





If you really wanna switch back, go with a synthetic blend, then the next change after that go with organic (regular) oil.





Some people argue this either way. It has always been said not to switch back and forth for whatever reasons.
Yes, you can, with no worries. 1 time with the synthetic is not going to bother anything. I would, however, recommend that you continue to use the synthetic because it is a better motor oil. More expensive though it is, in the long run, it is the superior choice.
it's fine to go back to regular oil and it won't hurt a thing, you can switch back and forth as many times as you want, just don't mix the regular oil with the synthetic, use either one or the other.
It's not that good to switch back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment