Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is the best type of motor oil for a 4-cylinder engine?

i have a 1990 Toyota pickup 4wd, 4-cylinder 2.4LWhat is the best type of motor oil for a 4-cylinder engine?
The best is synthetic, any synthetic will do, I like Mobil 1.What is the best type of motor oil for a 4-cylinder engine?
The way I run my car is 10W40 in the summer,10W30 in the winter. I'm not sure if 10W40 would be to heavy for your truck though and possibly do damage if it is causing not enough lube for the engine pistons,etc. On your oil cap does it have a grade or weight of oil your supposed to use?
I prefer Valvoline and they have a guide to help pick the proper oil


http://www.valvoline.com/crmo/vehicle.as鈥?/a>
go with 10w30 and high mileage hybrid type oil.
I use Castrol Syntec
10-30 penzoil motor oil
amsoil
i use royal purple oil (pricey but worth it!)and k%26amp;n oil filter what weight depends on your truck, i would also put a quart of lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer in it to, your truck will run alot smoother

1 comment:

  1. Best Synthetic oil =Mobile One fully synthetic oil plus a synthetic additive like Lucas synthetic additive stabilizer!!!

    ReplyDelete