Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is there any one best brand of motor oil?

Or are they all pretty good for the most part? I've been using Kendall semi-synthetic. Is that decent oil?Is there any one best brand of motor oil?
There was a comparison done in Australia and results published in the automotive journal.





Mobil 1 full synthetic was voted as the best full synthetic oil. But, at $80 for a 5L bottle, its overkill for most motors.





From memory, a Fuchs oil came in as best semi synthetic and a Castrol came in as best mineral.





I have always used Valvoline in my car and found it to be ok. Every oil change I put a bottle of oil flush through, and I also put in a bottle of additive with the new oil.





I have stopped using Valvoline now, after switching to Nulon. It is excellent. I have picked up fuel economy, it holds oil pressure for longer, my motor runs smoother and when I change the oil at 5000, it is still clean.Is there any one best brand of motor oil?
Most major brands of oil are good quality. All will do what they are suppose to do. The main thing is changing it and the filter on a regular basis so no problems occur. .............UJN
i prefer penzoil, my father uses valvoline, it is a matter of taste as long as you use a true brand, and you keep up on the maintenance.
never change brand or type of oil in engine. you are a real good type/
  • apply for a loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment