Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is a good motor oil to put on my 1960 vw bug?

i just got the car and dont really know much of it. can u guys please help me out, thanx!What is a good motor oil to put on my 1960 vw bug?
30 weight in the summer or until its gets down to 30 degrees F.


Get on the internet and get some education for yourself. Don't depend on this or another site to do your homework for you. Get a vw manual like the ';Compleat idiot book by John Muir'; that is still available through Amazon.





(the first answer is exactly why I get pumped about this ';ask anybody.'; The book explicity says don't put a multi-weight oil in a vw-use straight weight)What is a good motor oil to put on my 1960 vw bug?
Castrol 20w 50 would be my choice in an older high mileage engine, but that also depends on the temperature ranges where you live due to the changes in viscosity.
I called up Amsoil's Tech support line and they said to use a straight 30wt oil. I don't care what brand you use but you can read about their's in the links below.
  • apply for a loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment