Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can I switch between synthetic and non-synthetic motor oil?

I currently use regular motor oil. Near where I live there is a special for synthetic oil but if I switch, will I have to continue using synthetic in the future or could I switch back to regular? I ask because personally, I have no preference, I just buy whatever is cheaper.Can I switch between synthetic and non-synthetic motor oil?
You can switch back and forth when ever you like. This is actually on the Mobil1 and Valvoline website.





Synthetic oil is NOT Frankenstein oil. It is just oil but more PURE. So there's none of the BAD stuff that eventually goes bad and causes the engine oil to fail.





Also if they were not compatible, how could they sell BLEND (mix of synthetic and regular oil)?





Good Luck...Can I switch between synthetic and non-synthetic motor oil?
I would try to stick with the same motor oil you have always used. For years people have held to the notion that if you switch between brands of motor oil strange things will happen. Your engine will blow up, stars will fall out of the sky, your birthday will disappear and other non-sense





Okay so I am exaggerating a little. But I have never seen any scientific proof that switching brands of oil causes premature engine wear. I have also never heard of switching between non synthetic and synthetic motor oils would cause any form of engine damage.





Now on the other hand, switching grades of motor oil is not such a hot idea. If you have always used 5W30 motor oil in your car, I wouldn't switch to 10W40 because you found a good deal on it.





You mention you try to purchase whatever motor oil is the better bargain. If I am understanding you correctly, you found synthetic oil on sale for a price cheaper than the non-synthetic you usually buy? I am not sure I would switch to the synthetic just because you found it on sale and it was cheaper. But I can't give you any scientific reason not to, other than it isn't something I would personally do.
yeap u could do it by switching these two types of oil as it has no specific effect in ur car engine.u can add additive into ur non-synthetic motor oil only but synthetic no need to add any additive.

No comments:

Post a Comment