Saturday, December 26, 2009

I have got motor oil on my favourite jeans. Is there any way of getting it out. There are about 3 thumb sized?

blotches down the legs, where my hands have made contact with the jeans after i got oil on me.





It was used motor oil and is mainly noticable when the jeans are dry, even so its not hugely noticable. Tried washing soda, fairy liquid and a 50degree wash but theres still some remnants there!I have got motor oil on my favourite jeans. Is there any way of getting it out. There are about 3 thumb sized?
I would try to spray some WD 40 on the stain it will remove all the oil, then just wash as normal. Or maybe try just some dishwashing soap like dawn the kind that takes grease away, let it soak for a few minutes and wash.





Good LuckI have got motor oil on my favourite jeans. Is there any way of getting it out. There are about 3 thumb sized?
Dish soap. Just put it straight on the stains, and rub it in well. Then wash as usual. Coke does work a little, too.
soak in all color bleach then wash
Have you tried Vanish?! It's truly fantastic! Get the spray one - you just spray it on to the stain, chuck it in the machine and wash as normal! =)
It may sound weird, but first put margarine on the stain and rub it in. Then give it a warm soak in washing detergent and wash out. The grease in the margarine softens the stain.
When my husband gets grease on his jeans, I start a load and pour 1 can of coke in the wash. It gets it out. good luck
We use WD-40 for these types of oil based stains. Spray, rinse a little, then wash.





I've also lightened a stain with baby powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment