Friday, December 18, 2009

How do you switch from regular motor oil to synthetic?

I have a 97 nissan maxima 130K, i just wanted to get synthetic oil in my car, but is there like a special way to do it? do i need to flush it out or something? do i do a synthetic blend then full syntheic?How do you switch from regular motor oil to synthetic?
Simply switch over at your next oil change. You might want to consider purchasing a larger capacity filter for your Nissan than you would normally use, as synthetic is good for a long time between oil changes.


I have a '96 LeSabre as a backup ride, and I typically go 7,000m between oil changes (though sometimes I will replace the filter halfway through that). I don't do much different with my everyday car either.


I don't know what brand you are considering, but I trust Mobil-1.


Hope this helps!How do you switch from regular motor oil to synthetic?
No flush needed. Just put synthetic in the next time you change your oil.
36/14 Fram oil filter....it'll hold 4.2 quarts of oil.





Drain and fill!
It's really not going to do anything to your car. When you do your next oil change....just use the synthetic....a flush really isn't necessary.
use synthetic on your next oil change

No comments:

Post a Comment