Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What would be the best brand of motor oil to use in my truck?

I have a 2002 GMC Sierra 1500 with 88,000 miles... I always have the oil changed every 3,000 miles, it doesn't leak any oil and doesn't burn any either...


What would be the best oil to use? Just regular motor oil, not synthetic.What would be the best brand of motor oil to use in my truck?
Basically all oil these days is the same, especially Dino ( non synth) oil. Its basically personal preference. I use non synth Mobil 1 in my blazer where the mini gets full syn Mobil 1. The reason i use mobil 1 is because its easy to see on the dipstick unlike castrol. Have fun!What would be the best brand of motor oil to use in my truck?
as long as its meets api standards you can use any brand you want.at that mileage id go with a 10w30.just be consistent with the brand.and stay away from pennzoil if you do a lot of short in town driving.it tends to sludge up unless the engine reaches full operating temp
Engine oil technology is very mature now-a-days so the brand of oil is really not important. As long as the oil meets the ATP spec., at the right viscosity and you change oil more frequent, you should be OK.
Royal Purple..its expensive but worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment