Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How can I get motor oil off the paint of my car?

I brought my car into my local shop and they did all types of ';fluid'; work to it (flushes, etc) and now I have oil hand prints all over the hood %26amp; sides of my car. Its Chevy Red and the hand prints are BLACK. I want something that wont take the finish off the car since it has been recently re painted.How can I get motor oil off the paint of my car?
I would take it back to the shop that did the work and demand they clean up there mess, as a shop owner I would never allow a car to leave my shop covered in oil or any type of fluid that was the result of me working on itHow can I get motor oil off the paint of my car?
Have you tried Dawn brand dish detergent; that's what is used to remove the grease/oil from wildlife affected by an oil spill.





Edit: Hey, you - above me. Didn't mean to steal your answer, but we're both right, aren't we.
I would spray it with soapy water in a spray bottle, let sit for 2 min. and then wipe with a paper towel. Use car wash soap if you have it.
Turtle Wax product: Bug and Tar remover, won't harm the finish and will leave a polished shine.
have you tried washing it..





and not just driving it through the touchless car wash..
Maybe try using some WD40. It helped get tar off my truck without taking any of the paint off.





Good luck!
Just water and dawn dish soap. Yep,lol

No comments:

Post a Comment