Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is the best motor oil to put on any type of Cadillac?

i have a 2004 deville, i want to know which brand of motor oil i should use, especially during the winter?What is the best motor oil to put on any type of Cadillac?
Any name brand that has the ';SM'; service rating is fine.





As far as viscosity, follow the owners manual.





Rick





I'm a retired ASE Master/L-1 Technician. I still keep current with the latest automotive technology. Visit my blog for cool articles and TSB's: http://free-auto-repair-advice.blogspot.鈥?/a>What is the best motor oil to put on any type of Cadillac?
mobil 1, but it'll cost you. I'm sure you'd be fine using valvoline or pensoil too for much less. 10w-30 normally, 5w-30 if it's real cold.





I would never put 20w-50 in it like the one guy said. You'd kill your gas mileage and cold starts would be hell on the motor.





I always run synthetic in the bike trannys. But I use conventional in my car and van. Bikes beat up the oil more because of clutch heat and debris.
i use castrol gtx in all my vehicles. good reviews and engineered to perfection. If you are lazy you might spend the extra and put the 7000 mile mobil oil. use the weight that is recommended by the manufacturer.
why would you want to put it on your car. dont you mean in your car. i had a coupe deville and i just used regular oil.
Your owners manual and even sometime the oil cap will tell you what to use. Any major brand is fine just make sure you use a quality filter. We use fram filters but any major brand is fine. make sure the oil is the correct weight. Most cars use 5 w 30 as of late but check your manual. Do not use any other weight oil then what is called for.
Any oil that has A.P.I. service rating of ';SM'; you can buy walmart oil with a SM rating, meaning it's just as good as any brand name oil anywhere. run 10W-30 in the winter if you live in an area that gets down to freezing or lower.
You should never put motor oil ON your Cadillac. It would just collect dust and look nasty.


Straight answer: I've always been partial to Castrol. Their new synthetic oil is really good once your engine is broken in.
castrol only
Good choice on a vehicle. It's best to stick w/ one brand as long as you own your vehicle. Every vehicle I have owned, I've always used Valvoline all year round. It keeps the engine very clean, the oil doesn't break down or change strange colors. I've put over 300,000 miles on MANY vehicles that has had nothing but Valvoline every 3,000 miles. My husband owns his own auto repair business and he SWEARS by it. But I would recommend using the weight of oil that your owners manual suggests. I hope this helps you.
ask a car dealer.
grease from a brass monkeys butt
I would not put ANY oil ON a caddy. It will be hard to clean off, especially in the winter.
the first number should be 5.


better at colder temps.


As long as its full syntheic.


Just know its more expensive for synthetic oil
The absolute best oil is synthetic and I can prove this. First, synthetic oil needs changed every 7500- 10,000 miles, but here is the proof. I have a motorcycle that had conventional oil in it. The bike always shifted hard and loud and first gear was imposible untill almost at a full stop. Remember it is a wet clutch. I used Castroll R4 Full synthetic in it. It shifts quiet and smooth as silk.I can shift from 5th to first at any speed desired. It was so loud before that people asked me if something was wrong with it. Once you use full synthetic you always have to use it. It does not mix with oil because of its properties.
Synthetic Oil that is designed for older cars. The brand of motor oil really does not matter. Motor oil is the same in all brands. If you do not want to spend the money on synthetic oil get out your owner's manual and see what viscosity they recommend for winter.
Its really more important that you use a thick oil in the summertime(10w30) and a thin oil in the winter like20w50.


I prefer Penzoil myself but other brands such as Castrol,Mobil one,Havoline and quaker state are good to.

No comments:

Post a Comment