Saturday, December 26, 2009

How does gas get into the motor oil in my boat inbaord motor?

I have a Shamrock Predator boat with an inboard Inmar 302 215 horsepower 4 barrell engine. I noticed a large amount of gas mixed in with the oil recently. What would cause this, I cannot figure it out. thanksHow does gas get into the motor oil in my boat inbaord motor?
I agree with Tim %26amp; BR check your mechanical fuel pump, sticking carb floats can also flood the cylinders then leak into the oil sump. Whatever the factor is fix it soon because this condition could start a fire or ruin your engine. good luck.How does gas get into the motor oil in my boat inbaord motor?
I doubt its the carb. If it were, the motor would be ';flooding out'; and at the least running poorly. If fuels was leaking via the carb, it would leak into the manifold then cylinders. If your rings are worn it then could leak into the crankcase, but that is highly unlikely.





You have a leaking diaphragm in the fuel pump.
this means the float in the carburator is not working.. and the four barrel part is leaking fuel.. http://search.ebay.com/four-barrel-carbu鈥?/a>


take the carb off now... it is leaking fuel and could cause a fire . destroy the boat.. look at the carb and then look at the link to get the kit you need.. ok
if there is a manual fuel pump and the diaphragm is ruptured it can get into the oil and yes fuel can get into the oil if the carb float isn't working properly....








ive had both scenarios happen on different boats.
  • skin infection
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment