Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do you remove oil (motor oil) from my upholstered car seats??

I got motor oil on my back car seats. They are dark in color, so it's difficult to see exactly where all the damage took place. i did't even realize there was motor oil there until I left my purse back there and it got soiled. How can I clean this up without having it detailed?? Thanks!How do you remove oil (motor oil) from my upholstered car seats??
use a product called';jungle jake'; or simple green it is a cleaner degreaser.How do you remove oil (motor oil) from my upholstered car seats??
I have removed everything from gum to motor oil from my seats with naphtha. Look for this in an automotive supply place. There IS a product out that is high in naphtha but I'm sorry I can't remember the name. :( Please remember to try a small portion of the seat that you don't see well to make sure the naphtha won't damage the fabric. Naphtha is fast drying but you'll have to air the car before driving with the windows up since I believe it's toxic and flammable. Good luck!
According to Consumer Reports (I think) Palmolive dish detergent works better than Dawn.
try some dawn dishwashing detergent. soak a sponge with really soapy water, scrub the stain, then blot as much as you can with a towel.


repeat until you get most or all of the oil out. then rinse and blot until the soap comes out. it'll take a while, but it will work!
I don't even want to know what you do in your back seat. Next time, get a room!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment