Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Will spilt motor oil on my car engine damage the engine or cause any problems?

I was putting some motor oil in my car yesterday and I spilt a few drops onto the top of the engine itself. I wiped it up but some residue must have remained because when I got home and checked under the bonnet, there was smoke coming from where I had spilt the oil. Is this going to cause a problem or will the oil just burn itself out without any damage? I know I should have been more careful when I poured the oil, I feel like an idiot and have already invested in a funnel for the future! All help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.Will spilt motor oil on my car engine damage the engine or cause any problems?
No harm done,don't worry about it.Will spilt motor oil on my car engine damage the engine or cause any problems?
Just spilled milk!!
Hey no worries the oil will burn off and all should be well.
You're completely in the clear. No damage to worry about.
No problem, it will dissipate
It smells bad, but it won't hurt anything, the same can't be said for transmission fluid though if you get the shakes putting it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment