Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do I remove motor oil out of trunk carpet?

I had a 5 gallon jug of oil in my trunk and the cap wasn't tightened on very well so it ALL leaked on the removeable carpet lid that is over the spare tire and down into spare tire well. I've tried several things to get the oil soaked into the carpet out, and nothing has worked. I cleaned up the pool of oil in the tire well with kitty litter, but there is alot of oil residue (and kitty litter) still in there and I can't get that cleaned out either. Please help!!How do I remove motor oil out of trunk carpet?
Seems like you've made quite a mess.. Take the carpet out of the trunk and blot with newspaper as much of the mess as possible... Wet the mat with a hose and use some dishsoap, get a heavy duty brush and scrub... Rinse and repeat if necessary... Use a wet/dry vac to suck out the CLEAN water from the carpet.. Or consider getting a new carpet... Good luckHow do I remove motor oil out of trunk carpet?
Go to a carpet store and get some new outdoor carpet.Cut it to size and there you have that solved.It is not worth the trouble to try and get it back to new or even usable.


You go to the junkyard and just replace the part from another car.


OK,as to the kitty litter and stuff.Clean out the litter as best you can,then get a powerful de-greaser.





Here are some points:go to the dollar store and look for it.Where I live,Dollar General and the Dollar Store have it by the quart and gallon.


If you want a good de-greaser,look for hydroxide in the ingredients.Sodium or calcium types will work;it is lye.


That stuff will dissolve grease itself.
Use Simple Green from Home Depot or Lowes. It's a great degreaser. We were cleaning up my husbands old work truck, getting it ready for sale. It had a horrible black grease stain in the carpet, which I thought would never come out. But the Simple Green took it out quickly, and left the truck smelling fresh too.
try oven cleaner its what my mom used to use and it worked on my dads clothes he worked on cars a lot so yea use that and just let the oven cleaner sit for while ( like an hour or two) then hose off
  • skin infection
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment