Saturday, December 26, 2009

What kind of motor oil should I use on my Hyundai Excel Sprint 1997?

There's so many variety I am so confused. I needed a specific type.What kind of motor oil should I use on my Hyundai Excel Sprint 1997?
Read the owners manual, it will explain which grade of oil to use. If you have no manual, a good universal type oil is 10w-30, which is what you get at lube shops or most mechanics every time, unless you ask for something else. Brand doesn't matter just be sure that it's certified by an organization like the API in most cases.What kind of motor oil should I use on my Hyundai Excel Sprint 1997?
Motor oils are usually mixed in two weights, a cold weight and a warm weight. So 10-30 is 10 when cold and 30 when hot. Higher numbers provide more lubrication but don't work well in cold weather.





The older the car or more mileage on it, the higher weight you need to use to protect the motor, but you also need a low enough weight that provides protection in cold weather.





10-30 is good all-purpose, but if you live in a warm climate and have a high-mileage vehicle, you might want to consider something like 20-50, 15-35, etc.





If you need help, ask the dude at the counter at the auto parts store--they're helpful.
Penrite HPR 10, a 5L container will be plenty.
  • skin infection
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment