Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Where can I get a container to put used motor oil in?

I'm going to change the oil in my lawn mower this weekend. So, I need to pick up something to put the old oil in. I'm not sure what term you would use for such a product. Therefore, I have had difficulty finding one online. Thoughts?Where can I get a container to put used motor oil in?
All auto parts stores, and even Wal Mart for that matter will have oil drains. There are several different types, from pans to 25 quart tubs.Where can I get a container to put used motor oil in?
I use a 5 gallon paint can.
i usually buy my motor oil in five gallon containers.. when empty you can put your drain oil in this.. or a container for kerosine can be used.. and most gas stations have a tank for you to empty this container into.. my preferance is to mix drain oil and sawdust.. or small wood chips and burn this mixture in a wood stove.. also a plastic milk bottle can be used.. your lawn lower only uses one pint of oil.. you can store this oil in a plastic milk bottle.. cut one in half to catch oil the other use for storage..
Ant auto parts store sells them.
Be careful. It will eat through a milk jug and leak all over. Nasty! I have had good success with an antifreeze jug. And of course the auto parts store carries special sealable drain pans for 7-8 dollars.
there are some oil drain pans that store oil, or you could just use an empty oil bottle to store the oil in until you take it to the recycler.
I think your wondering what to put the oil into after draining it? Heres what I do. Drain the old oil into the pan and put it aside. Fill the lawnmower with new oil and put the old stuff in the container the new oil came in. Also save containers when they are empty.
  • skin infection
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment