Saturday, December 26, 2009

What kind of motor oil should I be using when I change my oil?

1990 Ford Bronco II


V6 2.9L





My guess is 10W-30?





Upstate New York if that helps too knowing the climate.What kind of motor oil should I be using when I change my oil?
pennzoil u can't go wrong i don't car what kinda car u have it's the best and all i've used over the years never had any promblems 10w 30 or 10w 40What kind of motor oil should I be using when I change my oil?
During the cold weather it would be best to use 0w-30 or 5w-30. 10w-30 is kind of thick for cold weather. The W rating is how thick your oil is when its cold so 0W or 5W is lighter so your car will have a easier time starting. The 30 is how thick it is when its at operating temp. So thats all the same. I live in Michigan and use Amsoil 0w-30 cause it does help my car start easier in the cold.
I would think that being in the northern part of of New York that you might be better served using a little thicker oil; or use the 30 in the Summer and a thicker weight oil in the Winter. I'd definitely talk to a good mechanic or call the Sevice Dept. of your local Ford dealer. Sure wouldn't base my vehicle maintainence on what was sent back on Yahoo Answers.
Yeah 10W-30


Also brands don't matter the generic stuff at walmart is made by quaker state! It should take 5 quarts
10w-30 is correct.
if you have over 100k use 10w-40... otherwise go with 10w-30.





ALSO, be a good American and use valvoline. haha
10w30 should be fine. Use Valvoline. I wouldn't lube the door hinges with Pennzoil much less put it in my motor.
10W-30 for sure.
yea that would be ideal

No comments:

Post a Comment