Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why is there water coolant in my motor oil when I check the oil level?

My wife checked the water level and forgot to put the radiator cap back on. She drove for a couple of miles and all the water was spit out and the engine overheated and turned off. We waited for the engine to cool down, added more coolant and it cranked back up. The only problem is that when I come to a stop it starts to putter and shake a little. This does not happen when I am driving at speed limit. There are no leaks on the out side so I think that it is something internal. Engine Service Soon light also came on. What could it be?Why is there water coolant in my motor oil when I check the oil level?
Leaking head gasket(s)! ~


Get it fixed immediately or you'll lose your engine!Why is there water coolant in my motor oil when I check the oil level?
When the engine was run without coolant, it overheated and blew a head gasket. If you continue to drive the vehicle, you'll likely need a new engine if you don't already.
YOU EITHER HAVE A CRACKED HEAD GASKET OR IF THE HEADS ARE ALUMINUM (DEPENDING ON THE YEAR OF CAR) ONE OR BOTH OF THE HEADS GOT WARPED FROM BEING OVERHEATED AND IS LEAKING, OR THERE COULD BE A CRACK IN THE BLOCK SOMEWHERE BETWEEN AN OIL GALLERY AND WATER GALLERY! SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT SERIOUS PROBLEMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment